Friday, April 25, 2008

Tammey

I love Tammey, she was my youth group leader when I was in high school. She used to take me out for Taco Tuesday at Taco Johns. Yummy. Also, I believe she was the person who introduced me to Chinese cuisine. I don't think she ever gave me any advice, solicited or otherwise. I never felt I had to justify what I was going to do with the rest of my life, or defend who I was dating. She was just there hanging out, eating tacos, listening to me go on and on about whatever 17 year old girls go on and on about.

After their children were grown, her and her husband went to Africa, to be missionaries. I admire that she was still growing even after she was grown up. She taught me about love and grace. I always felt at peace with her, and when I think of her, it reminds me not to strive so much, or worry about what to say or do. Being there and being quiet is often quite valuable.

1 comment:

DA Wagners said...

How awesome. Your post reminds me that the youth are now looking to us, wanting us to pour some wisdom into their lives! I'm motivated!