Monday, September 3, 2007

Moses

Whenever I talk to my babies about Moses I point out the similarities between them and Moses. His mama (what we call their birth mother) loved him very much. Just like Mama loves you very much. It was not safe for Moses to stay with his mama, but Moses' mama loved him so much that she wanted him to grow up and be safe so he went to live with his mommy.



I've recently been reading more about Moses. Not a perfect man. Not a very confident man. God had equipped him for the life God had planned for him. He was the right man for the job he just needed convincing. When Moses asks God "Who am I that I should go?..." I know exactly how he feels.



I feel like a whining Isrealite at this point. I've gotten complacent in my captivity. It's been pretty good being paid to be a parent, why bite the hand that feeds you. God is clearly very big on adoption.



Ephesians 1:5 God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.


We know that it is right that we adopt these children. We are no longer complacent in our captivity, we are tired of wandering; knowing where we are going, but not knowing when we'll get there. We can look over and see the promised land, wondering if we'll be allowed to enter. Wondering if we have it in us to overcome the obstacles that lie ahead.

We know the battle is the Lords. He needed to grow us into the warriors that would fight the battle. We need to demand that Pharoah let our people go. I pray that God doesn't harden the heart of the judge twelve times, but if he should, it will be to the glory of God, right? We have grown, we have shepherded, we have hemmed and hawed. The fact that we are not perfect, or confident is also to His glory. If he can use a couple of screwed up people like us, how could he use you?





Hebrews 13:20May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, 21equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

2 comments:

Sohl Gal said...

Annie these entries are very powerful. I know that God will use your blog to strengthen those who discover it. Beautiful!

Christina Ketchum said...

My uncle is adopting 3 kiddos right now and one of them has special needs. I think he would really enjoy your blog. I am going to try and give him the link. I love reading your blog!!!!