Friday, November 16, 2007

Christmas Help NEEDED

Christmas is coming and stores all over have bins to drop in toys. This is such a good thing, and many foster and adoptive families are so blessed by the gifts they receive. The problem is, the older the child, the less they get. Also, the biological and previously adopted children get nothing. So, this is my focus this year. The families as a whole and the older foster children. The children that are in middle school and high school.

Anyone who has children this age know what I'm about to say. I don't even know what to buy my own kids, let alone someone else's kid, and how ticked off you'd be if someone bought your kids something that required additional purchases by you. So, God love the gift card.

I'm looking into the tax implications of receiving the donations myself, but will probably have you forward them to the agencies I'll be working with. If you can donate a gift card to Target or Best Buy or some other place let me know, I'll let you know where to send them. If you could keep them at $25 that would make it fair for everyone.

I would also like grocery gift cards for the families, also in the $25 range. So, rally round and thanks a lot. You have no idea the blessing this will be.

No comments: