Monday, August 4, 2008

Show Thyself Anonymous

So I woke up to a comment posted on my last blog entry, at first I was like wow, somebody is cranky. By the time I got to the point where they told me I was "stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid." I was laughing.

I know there is a great debate as to whether or not to allow anonymous comments or not, I will, an anonymous commenter on my blog later accepted Jesus. Worth the other crap one has to deal with.

I do want to make a few comments regarding this particular comment.

1. It made no actual criticism of the content of my blog. Through sitemeter I discoverd that they had searched in Blogger for AMY GRANT. I said nothing awful about Amy Grant, in fact I raved about how I love her Christmas Album. My thought is that Amy Grant is the only Christian anonymous has ever heard of and figured before they signed off for the evening they would do their part to dissuade someone who liked Amy Grant. Somebody who likes Amy Grant, must be Christian oriented and therefore must be stopped from expressing themselves on the internet. Not likely. Anonymous hails from San Fransisco, not a place whose opinions I take seriously.

2. A puzzle with seven pieces - they are math retarded.

3. My Wal-Mart clearance panties? - You really know nothing about me. I spent more on panties last year than you made. Before taxes.

It may sound like I'm taking this too much to heart. I'm not, I just want to encourage others who may have gotten an anonymous comment similar to this that they likely didn't even read a word on your blog. Something relating to Jesus, or Christianity caught their eye and they decided if they can take you out, "that's one less thing" to quote Forrest Gump.

I have gotten other Anonymous comments that I reject straight out, for some reason there is a group of people organized against Quizno's. I don't get it, but whatever. Were they to have read my posting containing the word Quizno's they would find that it was not even about Quizno's, but a guy that worked at Quizno's. That should get them all in an uproar, how many times did I just promote Quizno's? Doesn't a hot sandwich sound good right now? MMM HHMMM. I do like the Quizno's.

Also, the person who first anonymously commented and later accepted Jesus. If that is the only one I ever get, this whole venture will have been worth it. My main goal was to make it on to IMDB biographies someday. With all of the children being adopted by movie stars these days, someone is bound to take up the Born of the Heart movement. Just as long as they stop saying "Am adopted" or "is adopted" the correct terminology is "was adopted" like "was born".

So, people. Do not take anonymous criticism too much to heart. Get some entertainment out of it, or reject it at the first harsh word you come across. If it becomes too much of a bother turn it off. You have something to say, and to someone it will be important. It maybe something interesting for your family to look over in the future. Or it will bring back memories you have forgotten. Or God will bring another of His children home, because they found Him in your heart.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Seriously! Your sense of humor shines through, I'm glad you can laugh it off instead of letting it ruin your day! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the post. Sometimes I do believe that people get too worked up over comments in blogs. I hear this all the time.

I always look at criticism as "that is all you can say about me, then I must be doing pretty good."

glad you didn't let your criticism get you down.

Sugar-n-Spice said...

There is no way you can take that comment seriously. I guess I'm the one he/she should be calling stupid. Because I'm VERY confused. I mean there is not one sentence that actually articulates what he found to be so repelling. I guess some people get off on seeing how many ways they can call some one stupid. And he thinks you're the retarded one? Weird.

Megan Wagner said...

I reread your entry and the comment about three times to try to find what exactly he/she was criticizing. It's hard not to take comments to heart.. glad you could laugh it off.